Probation and Court Referral Services

If you are placed on probation or ordered to complete drug or alcohol counseling, it is important that you take advantage of the opportunities and services that these providers offer. Not only is it a requirement you must meet in order to complete your sentence, but the requirements are also designed to help you improve your life in the long run.


The Court utilizes Professional Probation Services, Inc. (PPS) to assist defendants in complying with the terms of their probated sentences. These terms may include completing counseling, taking random drug tests, and paying fines and court costs. PPS also assists defendants in:

  • completing required theft and anger management classes;
  • retaining employment by utilizing house arrest and GPS devices in lieu of incarceration;
  • obtaining employment through a job board, resume building class and a felony jobs program;
  • obtaining GED's and/or furthering their education;
  • obtaining a driver's license and/or other forms of documentation; and
  • locating and completing acceptable community service opportunities.

If you are ordered to probation, you will meet with a representative of PPS at Court, and will have the terms of your probation fully explained. If you have any questions at any time concerning your probation, you can simply request a hearing with the Court by appearing at the Clerk's Office and requesting a court date to discuss any issues with the judge.

PPS can be reached at:

2214G Gateway Drive
Opelika, AL 36801
Tel.: 334-821-7900
Fax: 334-363-2956

Drug and Alcohol Counseling

Most drug or alcohol related crimes in Alabama carry mandatory counseling requirements.  These charges include, but are not limited to, DUI, Public Intoxication, and Possession of Marihuana.  If you are convicted or found guilty of such a charge, or volunteer for one of the Court's programs, your counseling will most likely been performed by the Lee County Court Referral Office.  They may be reached at 2311 Gateway Drive, Opelika, AL 36801 or by telephone at 334-737-3535.