2-1-1 provides free and confidential information and referrals for health and human services. It provides a one-stop service to callers seeking information about resources in the community for everyday needs and in times of crisis. Call 2-1-1 for help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more.
Just dial 2-1-1 or 1-888-421-1266
2-1-1 Connects Alabama is a statewide network of regional call centers whose mission is to provide easy access to health and human services available throughout Alabama. The first call center was established in Montgomery in 2002 and the network has grown to provide services to all Alabama residents.
By making services easier to find, our 2-1-1 network strives to empower individuals with the information they need to "Get Help or Give Help" in their local communities. We serve individuals from all walks of life, but more importantly, the vulnerable populations such as the indigent or elderly, who often slip through the cracks.
2-1-1 Connects Alabama is also a key player in disaster response and recovery and is ready to:
- Help federal, state, and local governments get accurate, current information to the public immediately following a disaster and in the long-term recovery period.
- Channel the efforts of those who want to help - from spontaneous volunteers to people wishing to donate material goods or money - to the right places that can benefit most immediately and directly
- Relieve the burden from first responder organizations by connecting people with non-emergency services they need
- Provide reassurance to callers by responding to rumors and directing them to resources for support
- Work directly with local and state service providers to ensure the dissemination of accurate information about availability of services